SD Sugar boot for XO-1

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed May 14 18:56:05 EDT 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:57:31AM +0000, tkkang at nurturingasia.com wrote:
> Is there a complete step by setp quick instruction that I can create
> a SD card that will boot Sugar for XO-1 machines? I am happy SD card
> deployment running on XO 1.75 and felt maybe I could do the same for
> the older machines.

No, there is no such guide.

It is possible to do, but nobody has written a guide.

I did ask for help on this on 9th December on support-gang@, but no
material help emerged.  I include the posting below signature.  The
expertise required include Fedora operating system early boot and the
dracut initramfs builder.  devel@ mailing list contains this
expertise, support-gang@ has far fewer.

The external SD slot is not as reliable on the XO-1 as it is on later
models, so you might find some XO-1 that won't work with it.  A quick
demonstration of external SD slot booting can be made by copying the
boot folder from a Tiny Core Linux USB drive to an SD card.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/