Minor changes to olpc-kbdshim and olpc-powerd

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed May 14 09:26:14 EDT 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> From bz traffic, I think these packages are in the process of changing
> to no longer auto-activate systemd services. Not sure which Fedora
> versions these updates will land in.

It's part of Fedora policy, will only be in F-20+

> olpc-os-builder should learn to activate them. I don't think F20
> images work completely these days, I just wanted to mention this as
> I'm sure it'll help.

That is in fact true of all services we depend on actually. The
standard Fedora policy now is to not activate installed services by
default.

> The changed packages are in QA, so they'll land in a few days in... F20? F21?

Already in F-21 but I'm happy the leave them languish in
updates-testing for as long as needed.

Just to reiterate.... this won't just be a problem with those two services.

Peter