olpc-batcap is not what you want, sir!

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 2 05:17:32 EDT 2013

Perhaps the original poster didn't want to check the battery discharge
current until the battery is depleted.  That's what olpc-batcap is
for.  It will cause a nice hum in the speakers to ensure the maximum
current is being drawn, and monitor the discharge logging the results
until the battery is depleted.  It is very technical.  It tries to
measure the _capacity_, which is not usually what people want.

If you want to see the battery state of charge, which is what is
presented to the user in Gnome or Sugar, then use this shell command:

	cat $(find /sys -name capacity)

Please don't raise bugs against olpc-batcap asking for it to report
the battery state of charge.  ;-}

software, thanks.  You will get a wider review.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/