[XSCE] Rendrering maps on XO1 at Silar's Orphanage Haiti

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 2 18:50:21 EDT 2013

If you mean by "blowing up en route" an interruption to the download,
then we have a set of instructions for people (like me) who must deal
with very unstable internet service.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Download

Focus on using wget or curl, as these can recover gracefully from an
interruption.  So can some browsers.

If you mean by "blowing up en route" that the download completes but
contains wrong data, then I have news for you: an rsync server with
the released builds is now available, and may be used to _repair_
areas of damage in a download using tools already on an XO.  Only the
damaged part is sent over the internet.  See the "Wrong Data" section
of the "Download" page on the Wiki.  The rsync server URL is:

rsync://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/olpc/

I look forward to Nancie and the battery of other volunteers engaging
with the development community.  Perhaps there hasn't been enough of
that leading up to the release of 13.2.0, and now you are paying for
it?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/