[Sugar-devel] Activity Central's Sugar related priorities.

NoiseEHC noiseehc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 15:41:53 EDT 2013

On 22/10/2013 21:21, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

>     So that was my $0.02. Obviously it can be too late to change plans
>     but who knows. I have uploaded the source anyway so you can use it
>     if you want.
>

> What I really don't understand is, if is all that easy why not be
> involved and help?
> The development of the web activities stuff was done in the open,
> mostly by two developers,
> manuq & dnarvaez. Then everyone who wanted help, could do it.
> Say now how should be done, is .... useless at least.
> Talk is easy... as always, the devil is in the details. But you
> already know that,
> if not would not talk about "unconstructive criticism"
>
> Gonzalo

You are right. The problem is that my views are exactly the opposite of
the decided path to take. I do not help developing because I totally
oppose the current path, meaning that I do not believe that it can work.
All the easy talk can be useful later *if* they decide to change paths.
Or it will just remain an interesting viewpoint, but at least I tried.
So while you are right about the "Talk is easy" part as well, I could
only help developing by finishing the native webkit app (because I
believe in it), which would be totally wasted (parallel) effort.
Actually that was the plan but then I run out of time and realized that
the official project went a different direction anyway.