video broken on 1.75?

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Wed Mar 20 14:59:22 EDT 2013

On 20/03/13 14:27, Sameer Verma wrote:

> I got the source from TED as a MP4 wrapper.
> http://video.ted.com/talk/podcast/2009/None/RennyGleeson_2009-light.mp4

Interesting, the XO-1.75 with VMETA drivers plays most .mp4 videos from
the internet as-is, but it does not play this one -- the sound stutters
and it drops a backtrace on exit due to I think memory corruption.

However
http://video.ted.com/talk/podcast/2009/None/RennyGleeson_2009.mp4 plays
just fine on XO-1.75 with VMETA drivers. The quality isn't great, the
XO-1.75 could play a much higher quality version if you have the
bandwidth and storage (and one is available).

Is your goal to get one file that plays on both XO-1 and XO-1.75? Maybe
you could try transcoding the not-light version and see if that results
in something that both devices can play?