Video on XO 1.75 (URGENT)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 5 04:34:09 EST 2013

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 09:41:24PM +1300, Tom Parker wrote:
> I tested these drivers in June last year on build 14, I don't know
> if they will work in build 10, I do know we tested them shortly
> after some necessary changes in the build.

The SKU228 12.1.0 customised build 10 should be considered to be after
12.1.0 build 21 for the purposes of such comparison.

Also, as it was a customised build, it is difficult to know exactly
what was in it as far as drivers go.  ;-)

I've been told by one of our developers that ogv or mp4 at 720x480 and
up to around 3 Mb/s bitrate is a suitable target for creating video
for XO-1.75 playback.  XO-1 has quite different performance because of
the availability of MMX for decoding.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/