[OLPC New Zealand] Māori Macrons & olpc keyboard

Barry Vercoe barry at laptop.org.au
Mon Jun 24 09:30:43 EDT 2013

Hi, on SHC 205002233
     running 13.1.0 for XO-1.75 (build 20)
     with Sugar 0.98.2
     firmware Q4D24

For Text in both Write and Turtle Art (the Title panel):
     vowel + altgr - gives the Combining Macron, i.e. two bkspcs to
remove the letter
But if either Activity is saved to the Journal and we write into its
Description panel
     vowel + altgr - gives the Unicode version, i.e. one bksp removes
the letter.

So we do have the right behavior in there somewhere.
-- barry