Solution for "Unimplemented package interface procedure" error on XO-1.5?

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at
Thu Jan 31 11:04:25 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

apologies about the confusion wrt to my "it's easier comment". The main
reason why I said that is because USB flash drives are popular and in short
supply at the library and so I thought just doing a straight-forward
copying on the laptop would be easier for me.

Anyway, since I arrived early enough this morning I did have time to do the
usual USB-based firmware update and then the upgrade to 12.1.0 worked like
a charm.

Thanks again for your support. My progress here would be quite a bit slower
if I didn't have you guys as a remote backup and knowledge base.

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:32 AM, smithbone at
<smithbone at>wrote:

> On 01/30/2013 05:20 PM, James Cameron wrote:
>  Yeah, but what Daniel said _sounds_ a lot easier than the Wiki
>> procedure, because the Wiki procedure has grown to satisfy everybody
>> who had a question about it.  ;-)
>> I didn't hear from Christoph that the machine wouldn't boot.  If so,
>> yes, the Wiki procedure is the only one to use.
> Sorry I had additional info not presented in original mail.  I know they
> hang at 1 dot because I've been working with him for the last few days to
> try and get power logs off of the machines.
> --
> Richard A. Smith
> smithbone at

Christoph Derndorfer