Cameras not working on XO-1s

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at
Wed Jan 30 15:02:19 EST 2013

Hi again,

another issue we encountered during today's workshop session was that on
3~4 XO-1s the camera didn't work (all machines are running 12.1.0 with the
associated firmware).

The effect in Record is always the same: a grey still image. However when
running the hardware self-test 2 of the machines passed the test even
though the camera output on the display was total noise. With the other
machine or two the self-test failed.

Since I've never seen issues with the camera before I was wondering whether
there was anything we could try beyond verifying that the camera connector
is in place (as described at

Christoph Derndorfer

volunteer, OLPC (Austria) []
editor, OLPC News []