XO-4 lack of keyboard/mouse input - still happening?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Jan 29 10:56:25 EST 2013

Hi,

In recent months we have seen some issues with the XO-4 keyboard and
mouse, where the system would boot (or resume from suspend?) and not
respond to keyboard/mouse input (and/or respond to keyboard input in a
very lagged manner).

This problem may have been accompanied with kernel messages like:
psmouse serio1: Failed to deactivate mouse on olpc_touchpad/serio0
psmouse serio1: Failed to enable mouse on olpc_touchpad/serio0
psmouse serio1: sentelic: Unable get OPC state.
atkbd serio0: keyboard reset failed on olpc_keyboard/serio0

and corresponds to tickets:
#12101 cl4: touchpad missing after reboot
#12370 No mouse interaction possible after bootup

Has anyone seen these problems or the possibly-related kernel messages
on recent builds such as 13.1.0 build 27 with the latest firmware?

I previously saw it fairly regularly on my two XO-4s but I can't
recall seeing it recently. Additionally, we would sometimes get those
kernel messages during shutdown, and those messages have now gone
away, so I'm wondering if we have fixed these issues while working on
related things.

Thanks,
Daniel