13.1.0 release candidate 5 (build 27) released

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Jan 28 13:39:46 EST 2013

Hi,

We're pleased to announce the next release candidate of our new 13.1.0
software release.

Information and installation instructions can be found here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.1.0

Quick links for those who know which files need to be grabbed and save
to USB disks:
http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/candidate/13.1.0-27/
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.75/os/candidate/13.1.0-27/
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.5/os/candidate/13.1.0-27/
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/candidate/13.1.0-27/

This is a signed release candidate that can be installed on all XOs,
even those with security enabled.

We're looking for testing and feedback on all aspects of the system.
Thanks for any help you can offer, and for all the feedback that was
received throughout development.

Please review the "Known problems" section of the release notes. Some
documented issues are carried over from previous releases, but others
are new and are things that we will aim to fix in the few weeks before
release.

IMPORTANT: New XO-4 firmware versions breaks automatic upgrade for
touchscreen firmware versions before 0.0.0.10 (Q7B10) on C1 models.
After reflashing to Q7B11 or newer from an earlier version, you must
(just this once)
manually upgrade with

  ok update-nn-flash

Otherwise the touchscreen will not work. More info:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_4_Touch_Testing#Reprogramming_the_Neonode_Firmware

XO-4 automatic power management is enabled by default, and should now
be quite stable. One notable omission is that the wifi connection on
XO-4 will be lost during suspend (and hence there is no wake-on-WLAN).

Compared to the previous release candidate, we have changed:

A deep reset of the XO-4 wireless card fixes some cases where wifi did
not come back after system resume (#12494).

XO-4 interactive suspend/resume behaviour is much more reliable.

A bug where the system would reset with a big 01 on the screen has
been worked around (#12453)

Collaboration over gabble now continues to work after a reboot (#12492)

XO-1.75 no longer crashes playing videos in Browse (#12463)

An issue where gstreamer would use 100% CPU and not display video has
been fixed (#12450)

Some libertas fixes including a potential fix for a memory leak
(#12285). runin now uses a larger memory area for RAM testing again.

powerd-108 attempts to fix a lid close issue, but might have
introduced a new bug in this area (#12504)

Thanks!