Using ext4 usb drive to go to 13.1.0

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Sep 22 23:23:49 EDT 2012

When I upgraded my XO 1.75 to 12.1.0 I was able to use my ext4 formatted
USB drive without an issue. The instructions for going to 13.1.0 are different
and when at the openfirmware command line it doesn't appear that my USB
drive's file system is detected. I didn't see any commands listed to see
what drives were mounted (in the event it wasn't mounted as u:).

This is a bit of a regression from the previous version.

I haven't tried the online update as I didn't want to redownload the update
file again.

I see there is a zsp file for 13.1.0, but I wasn't sure I could just rename
it to fs2.zip and have things work like they did for the 12.1.0 install.