3G USB Dongle usage

RJV jv.ravichandran at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:49:18 EDT 2012

>> his means the 3G USB wireless modem has not been switched out of USB storage
mode into modem mode.

Cool! Makes sense now.

>> the USB mode switch utility might be used.

How?

Please remember I am totally new to how Sugar and GNome work together. I
will catch up but right now, what I need to know is

>> echo '0x16d8 0x6280' > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/option1/new_id

is it in the Sugar Terminal activity or in GNome ?

>> add the product and vendor identifiers to the new_id sysfs file for  the
device driver

Is the sysfs file the same as sysconfig file ?(in the attached file at the
beginning of this mail thread)

I am still on my Windows laptop and will switch to the XO once I disconnect
the 3G dongle from this laptop.

Thanks,

Jv

--