gathering use cases

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Thu Nov 8 17:50:34 EST 2012

Hi,

If you are re-implementing XS-0.7, one beneficial project would be to
rebase it on Fedora so that it will run on Arm systems. This is
currently a limitation of CentOS.

The design of XS separates the LAN and WAN networks. The XOs connect to
schoolserver via the LAN network. The school server has a domain name
relative to the WAN network appropriate to that network. This is set up
by the netsetup.sh script. XS-0.7 provides normal firewall protection to
the XOs. OLE Nepal has added Dan's Guardian to provide specific
protection against access to objectionable sites.

Tony