12.1.0 trac milestone organisation (Devel Digest, Vol 73, Issue 25)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Mar 17 02:31:16 EDT 2012

As far as I know, nobody has done the engineering work required to get
our XO-1.75 builds to run on an ARM virtual machine hosted on a PC.

I didn't know there were not enough XO-1.75s available.

An XO-1 or XO-1.5 should suffice for most development.

If any developer is working specifically on touch features, even an
XO-1.75 won't be enough, since a normal XO-1.75 does not have a
touchscreen.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:37:09PM -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> > > So for 12.1.0 I would like to change this by myself
> > dedicating more
> > > time to keeping things clean and managed within the
> > 12.1.0 milestone.
> > > I'm proposing that we experiment with the following,
> > which is what I
> > > wrote at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/12.1.0/Release_plan? :
>
> I was wondering if there are any VM builds planed for OLPC 12.1.0 (particularly XO-1.75 builds) or if this is considered an unnecessary burden for tracking.
> I can understand that using the actual hardware is the most important thing.
> But apparently there are not enough XO-1.75s available.
> So VM builds could be of some value during development.

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/