Debuginfo package for Python-2.7 on F14 mismatched or (l)user error?

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 01:57:52 EDT 2012

+
> It is a core from yesterday,

There can be difference one of the machines has the files prelink-ed while the
other one does not.  prelink runs nightly (/etc/cron.daily/prelink).  But it
should be already fixed in your GDB version gdb-7.2-52.fc14, it was fixed in
gdb-7.2-45.fc14 by:
	[patch] [i386] Fix {,un}prelinked libraries for attach/core-load
	http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2011-02/msg00630.html
Still I may have missed some case.

If one of the binaries is prelinked and one was not (or vice verse) the
message "is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)"
is really printed (more in the mail above) but the backtrace should work OK.

You can try for the experiment:
	/etc/sysconfig/prelink:
	# Set this to no to disable prelinking altogether
	# (if you change this from yes to no prelink -ua
	# will be run next night to undo prelinking)
	PRELINKING=no
	           ^^
If it helps please contact me off-list, with your disk image.  It assumes the
system generating the core file was not prelinked.

That missing file:
Missing separate debuginfo for
Try: yum --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo='*-debuginfo' install /usr/lib/debug/.build-id/63/420e48a2edbae61166c708ebd2ff1a5aed1054

is probably for kernel vDSO (as its name is empty), therefore kernel rpm.  One
never knows what the build-id matches to until Darkserver gets deployed,
hopefully for F-17:
	https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Darkserver

Thanks,
Jan