Debuginfo package for Python-2.7 on F14 mismatched or (l)user error?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:31:58 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Jan Kratochvil
<jan.kratochvil at redhat.com> wrote:
> All those GDB messages mean your system libraries do not match the core file.

Well, that should just not be. The machine that fails, and my machine
have both been installed from the same disk image, which gets written
to disk with a process equivalent to dd.

And both machines pass rpm -Va just fine. So the binaries should, um,
be the same.

> Is it a fresh core file from last hours? Is it generated on the same machine
> you run GDB on?

It is a core from yesterday, on a machine installed from a 'dd' disk
image. The machine that fails is exactly on the opposite side of the
world. dd'ing the same OS image on my machine doesn't trigger the
failure. So there is something funny on the opposite side of the
world.

> F-14 is EOLed, its repositories incl. debuginfos are out of date

Not in this case, at least yum&rpm claim that the debuginfos match.

> think it matters to spend any time on F-14 at all.

As I stated in my earlier email, I don't want anyone to fix F14, I
don't think F14 is to blame.

My questions are simpler:

 - Is python 2.7 debuginfo in F14 known to be good or bad?

 - If it's known to be good, are there any gotchas not documented in
the StackTraces wikipage that could be tripping me up?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions