XO battery/performance [Devel Digest, Vol 76, Issue 4]

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jun 10 21:19:12 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 10:07:36PM -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> Also I had a hard time detaching from the screen. Maybe
> the wiki page needs some clarification.
> What "C-a" means? "Capital C, dash, a" 3 consecutive characters?
> "ctrl+a"? "shift-c-a" keys together? other?

C-a means ctrl+a, that is; press ctrl, press a, release a, release
ctrl.

The convention is an artefact from the documentation of the screen
program.  The same convention is used in emacs.  I've changed to ctrl+
notation.  I don't know what notation is standard.  I don't like + or
- or / notation because they imply use of those keys.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/