XULRunner Version 1.9 Issue Reading Local Files With No Internet Connectivity

anthony at evolutionindesignz.com anthony at evolutionindesignz.com
Wed Jan 11 21:19:44 EST 2012

Hello Samuel;

I realized after sending out the first email that the title should have
been "Issue reading localHOST", but fortunately most people who replied
had a rough idea of what I was describing, and gave me excellent tips.

We use the documented XULRunner <browser> tag to get data from the the
localhost. It works fine as long as the computer is not disconnected
from a network. However, in order to emulate a scenario where a child
does not have Internet connectiviy, once we disconnect the computer from
the network, if the application is running, it starts behaving odd. If
it was not started up, it does not come up on trying to start it.

Calling the same application from XULRunner version 8.0 does not have
these same issues.

We will be following Chris' suggestion for now to bundle the second
version. Based on the information provided, the next version of the
application will have to be re-written using WebKit.