XULRunner Version 1.9 Issue Reading Local Files With No Internet Connectivity

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Wed Jan 11 18:51:25 EST 2012

I'm not very familiar with xulrunner, but are you running a local webserver
in your application?

If your application does not have its own webserver, I would expect you
would have to use the file:// URI handler, like the Browse activity does.
You may have to dynamically create this URI after determining the path the
content is stored in, as there is no guarantee besides on XOs of all
content being somewhere below /home/olpc.