XULRunner Version 1.9 Issue Reading Local Files With No Internet Connectivity

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 11 18:57:13 EST 2012

On 01/11/2012 04:37 PM, anthony at evolutionindesignz.com wrote:
> With the OLPC laptop disconnected from the Internet, I try to startup
> XULRunner and read local files using the browser tag like this:
>   <browser type="content" src="http://localhost/myfile.html"
> autoscroll="true" flex="1"/>
>
> With XULRunner 1.9, the screen remains blank, and the file is not
> loaded.
> I installed XULRunner 8.0 on the OLPC laptop. I am not able to
> replicate the problem with XULRunner version 8.0

Your diagnosis cannot possibly be correct.  There is no reason that the
version of Xulrunner should have any effect on this.  It is much more
likely that something else changed between your two tests.

You should stick with the installed version of Xulrunner and figure out
what the true bug is.

--Ben