Impacts of disabling Automatic Power Management

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Thu Feb 2 18:46:32 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Paul Fox <pgf at> wrote:
> we could also consider adding a new
> config file, called, perhaps, "program-inhibits", which would cause
> powerd to inhibit automatic suspend when it detects a listed named
> program is running, via "ps".

Actually, it's about whether programs are using collaboration
sessions, and AIUI we have python codepaths controlling that, so we
should be able to get an "inhibits" file touched in the right place,
with minimal effort.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC