Impacts of disabling Automatic Power Management

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 22:42:26 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Richard A. Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:
> While I understand the frustration, this is going to wrong direction. We
> need to hunt down the problems and fix them.

I think we have the root problem well isolated -- dsd has done a good
job of that. Getting it fixed is taking longer than we thought, and it
got better, but not fixed, in the 11.x.y cycle.

Our next stab at fixed is in the 12.1.0 timeframe, mid-2012.

A workaround of this kind _is_ the right thing now for the 11.x.y platform.

Let's _not_ include it in the development builds, so developers and
testers suffer (and fix).

end users need not suffer.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions