Impacts of disabling Automatic Power Management

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Feb 1 21:11:56 EST 2012

On 02/01/2012 08:32 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
> <sridhar at laptop.org.au>  wrote:
>> Maybe it should be
>> standard to suspend power management for any collaboration session?
>> That would be smarter than turning it off entirely.
>
> I'd be supportive of a patch that does that.
>
> Simon, given the collaboration API in 11.2.x, would it be possible to
> keep a file in existence all the while that a collaboration session
> exists?

While I understand the frustration, this is going to wrong direction.
We need to hunt down the problems and fix them.

Its a good short term fix to be  enabled on a per-deployment basis but
if this becomes the default then I worry  all our work on making
aggressive suspend/resume work will begin to fade away because its never
active.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child