Impacts of disabling Automatic Power Management

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 2 00:17:00 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 22:42 -0500, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Richard A. Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:
> > While I understand the frustration, this is going to wrong direction. We
> > need to hunt down the problems and fix them.
>
> I think we have the root problem well isolated -- dsd has done a good
> job of that. Getting it fixed is taking longer than we thought, and it
> got better, but not fixed, in the 11.x.y cycle.
>
> Our next stab at fixed is in the 12.1.0 timeframe, mid-2012.
>
> A workaround of this kind _is_ the right thing now for the 11.x.y platform.

I like to keep OOB as close to upstream as possible, having
customizations contained in separate files within OOB. I take it the
correct way to disable this is to add a powered stanza to the OOB's ini
file to override what is in powerd/defaults.ini? Or do I have to toggle
the defaults.ini file?

Jerry