13.1.0 development build 18 released

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Dec 11 20:33:23 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:18:04AM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 04:58:11PM -0600, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> > olpc-update from pre-installed build 15, rebooted on AC firmware
> > update skipped. Checked battery level in frame 28% was displayed. ...
> Instead, Open Firmware relies on the battery status flags provided by
> the embedded controller:
> - the battery low status bit must be cleared.
> Therefore on your SKU296 the battery low status bit must have been
> set.
> Can you provide power logs from the duration of the olpc-update?

Thanks for the logs off-list, I've reviewed them.  You hit a known
problem that has since been fixed.  The battery low status bit was not
necessarily cleared despite charging commencement.

This was fixed in

which was between EC 0.3.04 and EC 0.3.05.  Q7B07 contained the
former, and Q7B08 contained the latter.

James Cameron