13.1.0 development build 18 released

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Dec 11 20:33:23 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:18:04AM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 04:58:11PM -0600, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> > olpc-update from pre-installed build 15, rebooted on AC firmware
> > update skipped. Checked battery level in frame 28% was displayed. ...

> Instead, Open Firmware relies on the battery status flags provided by
> the embedded controller:
> - the battery low status bit must be cleared.
>
> Therefore on your SKU296 the battery low status bit must have been
> set.
>
> Can you provide power logs from the duration of the olpc-update?

Thanks for the logs off-list, I've reviewed them.  You hit a known
problem that has since been fixed.  The battery low status bit was not
necessarily cleared despite charging commencement.

This was fixed in
http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/rsmith/ec-cl4-mmp3/commit/?id=f3a823876d2084fd0b22e79f75bfc05f32b7626d

which was between EC 0.3.04 and EC 0.3.05.  Q7B07 contained the
former, and Q7B08 contained the latter.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/