13.1.0 development build 18 released

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Dec 11 18:55:06 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 06:42:00PM -0500, Samuel Greenfeld wrote:
> My experience is that OFW warns if no external power is present.
> But it seems to be silent on the main display about the low battery
> reflash failure condition unless you attempt to reflash firmware
> from the "ok" prompt, or are not in the TS=SHIP (and therefore in a
> verbose boot) state.

Yes.

In normal boot, only the graphic symbols are used; a lightning bolt,
a battery, and a yellow unhappy face.  These can be reproduced using
the command:

	ok show-no-power

No further explanation is given.  I presume that is what you mean by
silent.  I think that is sufficient.

In verbose boot, an explanation is also provided.  May include words
like:

	"Unsafe to update firmware now - "
	"No external power"
	"No battery"