13.1.0 development build 18 released

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri Dec 14 16:48:07 EST 2012

On 12/11/2012 08:33 PM, James Cameron wrote:

> Thanks for the logs off-list, I've reviewed them.  You hit a known
> problem that has since been fixed.  The battery low status bit was not
> necessarily cleared despite charging commencement.
>
> This was fixed in
> http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/rsmith/ec-cl4-mmp3/commit/?id=f3a823876d2084fd0b22e79f75bfc05f32b7626d
>
> which was between EC 0.3.04 and EC 0.3.05.  Q7B07 contained the
> former, and Q7B08 contained the latter.

I'm going to have re-do that and qualify the clear with a SOC >10
conditional. I've realized that clearing the flag unconditionally
bypasses OFW's check to make sure that the battery is not low prior to
starting a firmware flash.  A battery that was very low but just plugged
up to power should still be considered low.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child