Firmware issu

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Aug 28 17:59:40 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 08:30:16AM -0400, Kevin Gordon wrote:
> I believe you have something here.  Something is wrong with the
> Linux reboots.  Perhaps it isnt shutting down 'deep enough' before
> starting up again anymore.  I have a theory that some of the other
> discussions about date saving and the hwclock behaviour might also
> be related to what is happening on a Linux reboot.  I cannot get the
> date change to persist to the hw clock on these XO 1.0s without
> explicitly issuing the hwclock command before then doing an explicit
> shutdown on these machines.  A reboot doesnt work.  I will increase
> the testing of this to other builds and architectures on the other
> 'date' thread.

I agree this may represent something different about how our Linux
kernel is rebooting.

Could you please test with older operating system releases against the
same latest firmware?

Observe the power LED pattern, speaker click, and lid warning.  See if
it changes as you go back in time.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/