Blinking red battery light on XO-1

Hal Murray hmurray at
Fri Aug 3 23:38:05 EDT 2012

quozl at said:
> To avoid it powering off, type lid-off and press enter.  Yes, you only have
> eight seconds to do this.

The printout said that, but I didn't even get started typing before it timed

I'm not sure where 8 seconds came from.  If that happened often enough I'd
probably be able to do it fast enough.  But that was the first time I had
seen it.  I wasn't quick enough to read and understand and type.  Remember, I
was trying to not destroy the evidence so I was going slowly.

Something similar happened a few months ago which is why I saved Richard's

I have a hack script that reboots the XO every 4 hours.  It's got a patch to
and log the answer instead of rebooting.  The error was 20

(Sorry I didn't remember to look there earlier.)

These are my opinions.  I hate spam.