Blinking red battery light on XO-1

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Aug 3 19:29:28 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 02:04:10PM -0700, Hal Murray wrote:
> When I got to OFW, it told me the lid switch was active and gave me
> 8 seconds before it powered off.

Presumably the lid switch was not actually active and the EC was
misbehaving.

Onk XO-1, the magneto resistive sensor for the lid switch is connected
to the embedded controller, and this advises Open Firmware of the lid
being closed.

To avoid it powering off, type lid-off and press enter.  Yes, you only
have eight seconds to do this.

That way you might have been able to use watch-battery as Richard had
suggested.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/