3.3 kernel bug

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 14:16:25 EDT 2012

It would appear that I came up an XO-1 3.3 kernel bug (albeit not with an OLPC build yet, but the bug is not there with OLPC 2.6.35 or OLPC 3.1 and identical userspace)
Its a regression in fs/namei.c, full_name_hash()/hash_name(),  regarding files with 8 character names or multiples of it
More info in this thread http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=133244187421796&w=2

It is apparently fixed in 3.4-rc1, but I was wondering if it may worth merging in 3.3, which appears to be the next x86 OLPC kernel.

I do not really know if it affects anything specific in the XO builds, so just a heads up for now.