3.3 kernel bug

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 14:32:52 EDT 2012

On Apr 2, 2012 7:16 PM, "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It would appear that I came up an XO-1 3.3 kernel bug (albeit not with an
OLPC build yet, but the bug is not there with OLPC 2.6.35 or OLPC 3.1 and
identical userspace)
> Its a regression in fs/namei.c, full_name_hash()/hash_name(),  regarding
files with 8 character names or multiples of it
> More info in this thread
>
> It is apparently fixed in 3.4-rc1, but I was wondering if it may worth
merging in 3.3, which appears to be the next x86 OLPC kernel.

> I do not really know if it affects anything specific in the XO builds, so
just a heads up for now.

If it's a general kernel bug fix I would expect it'll get pulled into the
3.3 stable releases

Peter