XO 1.75 ofw_olpc.c question

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Fri Sep 30 15:53:15 EDT 2011

andrei e. warkentin wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Since OFW is resident, I thought it would be nice to try to enter into
 > it with something like -
 >
 > __olpc_ofw("enter", 0, NULL, 0, NULL);
 >
 > I'm doing this from SVC mode.
 >
 > Yet this just hangs. Am I doing something that's not supposed to work
 > by design? Is there any

this works on our x86 laptops (via sysrq), so it's not broken by
design.

i think no one has looked into making it work on 1.75 yet, partially
because much of what one can do from olpc_ofw() (i.e., peek and poke
registers/memory/etc) is available from cforth, which runs permanently
on the service processor, the second core in the SoC.  but it would be
nice to have it work.

paul