EC corruption by q2f04rc firmware

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Oct 31 10:33:45 EDT 2011

To date I have one 2007-vintage XO-1 with q2f04rd (and os882).  It
worked normally (and never lost charge while plugged in to AC) until I
closed the lid (thereby putting it into suspend).  Upon opening the lid
and pressing power, the power light changed to red, and the native XO
green keyboard no longer worked.  [I then used an external USB
keyboard.]  The XO-1 continued to function normally (except for no
native keyboard), except that the power light continued to remain red.

I removed AC and let the XO-1 continue until it shut down when it had
exhausted its battery.  I then plugged the AC back in (power light
showed orange) and let it recharge until the power light was green, then
rebooted.  That XO-1 is now functioning normally.  Closing the lid puts
it into suspend, but after opening the lid and pressing power it resumes
properly (power light is green) and (WITH THE AC PLUGGED IN) functions
normally.

With AC removed, shutting the lid then opening the lid and pressing
power caused the power light to go red - but the XO-1 continued to
function normally (did not check keyboard - was using external USB).
(With AC removed) repeated closing the lid then reopening and pressing
power caused the system to halt with the "EC problem - disconnect ... "
message.

mikus