EC corruption by q2f04rc firmware

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Oct 31 02:43:11 EDT 2011

On 10/31/2011 12:34 AM, Kevin Gordon wrote:

> RS:
> Symptoms identical using multiple batteries, same XO.  Same batteries
> worked fine in another XO. No flashing red using Q2E48, see Flashing red
> over time using the rc, even with A/C in.

EEPROM read errors don't change based on the presence of external power.

> So, now with a fixed target, upon physical inspection, the copper prongs
> inside the battery compartment seemed 'bent'.
>
> Not sure why the new firmware would do the flashing red for this
> problem; but,

The new firmware has a lot of validity checks on data reads.  If the
reads were resulting in invalid data then thats why you would get an error.

> I realigned the prongs, put the batteries in, and I no
> longer get any flashing reds, just perfectly charging batteries, all
> three; and watch-battery shows no errors.

Glad it was something simple.  Bent prongs is a new one.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child