Basic Electricity Text in French?

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:09:25 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

While working with Adam Holt in Haiti, I met a few "go-getter" teens who
already are doing basic house wiring. They could help diagnose battery and
solar array problems if they had a little more background.

I learned basic electricity reading and re-reading the first few chapters of
the Amateur Radio Relay League Handbook. I could use some help finding
something similar for french speakers.

Creole is the spoken language, but the instructional language is French and
the students are easy with learning out of a book in french.

Unfortunately I don't know enough French to find equivalent sources on line,
or available for purchase on the web.

I did find open source "basic electricity" texts in english (though perhaps
too verbose) as examples of what I think is needed:

   - http://openbookproject.net/electricCircuits/index.htm
   - http://www.nmsea.org/Curriculum/4_6/Electricity/dc_electricity.htm
   - http://educypedia.karadimov.info/library/How_Electricity_Works.swf

Thanks for help,