[support-gang] Basic Electricity Text in French?

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Fri Oct 28 18:40:41 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 06:09:25PM -0400, George Hunt wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> While working with Adam Holt in Haiti, I met a few "go-getter" teens who
> already are doing basic house wiring. They could help diagnose battery and
> solar array problems if they had a little more background.
>
> I learned basic electricity reading and re-reading the first few chapters of
> the Amateur Radio Relay League Handbook. I could use some help finding
> something similar for french speakers.
>
> Creole is the spoken language, but the instructional language is French and the
> students are easy with learning out of a book in french.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know enough French to find equivalent sources on line, or
> available for purchase on the web.
>
> I did find open source "basic electricity" texts in english (though perhaps too
> verbose) as examples of what I think is needed:
>
>http://openbookproject.net/electricCircuits/index.htm
>http://www.nmsea.org/Curriculum/4_6/Electricity/dc_electricity.htm
>http://educypedia.karadimov.info/library/How_Electricity_Works.swf
>
> Thanks for help,
>
> George
do you have specific things that would be useful to learn? topics?
what grade level?  would a text in Creol not be more useful to more students or
is everyone expected to know french at some point. I got the impression that
not many folks have a great fluence in french.

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|

court, n.:
	A place where they dispense with justice.
		-- Arthur Train