Activities won't auto-install from USB "bundles" folder onto 11.3.0?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Nov 10 13:50:29 EST 2011

Hi Adam,

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
> FYI in this partic case, customization sticks fail even on standard/secured
> G1G1 units (i.e. XO-1s without developer keys) as much as a third of the
> time.  Sometimes rebooting and retrying actually works, for reasons unclear.
>  Perhaps 1 in 6 secured G1G1 units will not accept customization sticks at
> all (in our experience, "no matter which USB brand / USB port") and so
> Activitiies need to be installed manually.
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Customization_stick

It's hard to act on the brief information provided. Can you please
explain what happens in the failure case? Any error messages?
What about if you boot with the check key held down for more info?
Which firmware version are you running? Have you tried different ones?
Which version of the customisation stick? etc.

Thanks,
Daniel