toolchain for sugarizing local browser apps, game jam

Walter Bender walter.bender at
Wed Nov 2 16:38:47 EDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Carlos Nazareno <object404 at> wrote:
> Hi guys.
> Currently in Auckland, NZ now.
> Went to the game developer meetup last night and tossed the idea of an
> OLPC game jam for students and pro/hobbyist game developers to Stephen
> Knightly (chairperson of the NZ Game Developers Association ->
> )
> Problem is that there aren't enough Python coders and not everyone has
> the luxury of learning python.
> Perhaps other platforms that can run on the XO?
> For you guys who've been doing this, like in Nepal, Is there any good
> documentation out there for Sugarizing Javascript/CSS/Canvas/HTML5
> apps or any "web bundles" (Java applet/Flash applet packages) in
> general? Something that people with *zero* Python experience and who
> work on Windows & Mac can use.

Tomeu built a SWF interface to Sugar in order to build EatBloom

I did a very simple Javascript activity:

The work we have been putting into Gnome 3.0 will make it much easier
to support multiple languages... stay tuned.