[OLPC-AU] XO-1.75 relative performance

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Nov 1 18:16:17 EDT 2011

I'm not aware of any comprehensive performance assessments.

Have you got an XO-1.75 yet?

Performance is a design goal of OLPC, but it isn't first in the list.
The full list is:

1.  Safe -- no children should be harmed

2.  Stylish and Usable -- something children want to own

3.  Lowest Power -- low power means longer run-time

4.  Lowest Cost -- a lower cost means more children can have one

5.  Robust and Maintainable -- children drop things

6.  Performance (speed)

If we find we are sacrificing, say, "Lowest Power" for "Performance"
reasons, we would be obliged to think again.

James Cameron