[OLPC-AU] XO-1.75 relative performance
quozl at laptop.org
Tue Nov 1 18:16:17 EDT 2011
I'm not aware of any comprehensive performance assessments.
Have you got an XO-1.75 yet?
Performance is a design goal of OLPC, but it isn't first in the list.
The full list is:
1. Safe -- no children should be harmed
2. Stylish and Usable -- something children want to own
3. Lowest Power -- low power means longer run-time
4. Lowest Cost -- a lower cost means more children can have one
5. Robust and Maintainable -- children drop things
6. Performance (speed)
If we find we are sacrificing, say, "Lowest Power" for "Performance"
reasons, we would be obliged to think again.
More information about the Devel