problem solved (Re: new OLPC slackware 13.37 released (fwd)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue May 31 19:56:49 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 06:36:50PM +0700, supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
> Thank you much for your kind information.
> Two major reasons why I never put how to at Wiki are:
>
> 1. I don't think I have authority to do so.

wiki.laptop.org grants authority to do so to all users, restrictions are
only added if they become necessary, such as with spam or malicious
activity.  I'm not aware of any restriction on you, personally.

> 2. I am very busy on teaching in my university.

I cannot speak for the authority of your university, sorry.

> Are you sure I have authority to write at Wiki? I say so because
> even in this news group I don't have authority but it was you who
> FWD it in.

Yes, I'm one of the mailing list moderators, and I've been approving
your posts regarding Slackware on OLPC XO because they are obviously of
interest to OLPC XO developers.

This is unusual.  I don't normally have to approve postings like this.
Most moderation is removing spam before it is forwarded.

Your mail address is listed in our mailman mailing list software
configuration as requiring manual approval.  I don't see why this is so.
I don't know if another mailing list moderator did this.  The
configuration does not give a reason.

Perhaps it was because on 12th and 15th April you posted two messages to
a very large group, the first one being "new option to watch ZERO work
shop" with unsolicited advertising attached, the second one being
"Subject: great step progress in SSS innovation (SSL 1.6)" ... the
messages had nothing to do with OLPC or XO.  The messages were also
unfriendly, since they included hundreds of addressees, including
fortran and gcc mailing lists.  Another moderator may have concluded
that someone else was using your computer or it was infected.

But you must not conflate mailing list posting rights with Wiki access
rights.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/