new OLPC slackware 13.37 released (fwd)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed May 25 02:55:44 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 01:27:41PM +0700, supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
> You are correct new firmware did not solve wlan and audio problem.
> LAN come in in 5 minutes delay.
>
> I already test new firmware.
> It cause more problem than old firmware because it will not boot from
> u:\boot\olpc.fth correctly and will pass thru it with nothing happen.
>
> So, if anyone don't have old firmware then they have to:
>
> 1. press esc at boot time it will prompt ok
> 2. type exactly below:
>
> boot u:\boot\olpc.fth

That is because your /boot/olpc.fth is wrong, and doesn't do what it
should do.  Edit the file, and add the word "visible" on a line by
itself, after the first line, for example:

	\ OLPC
	visible

This changed about two years ago.  This is why it is important for you
to test your build with latest firmware.

> I will follow your recommend by changing kernel to your std stable
> and will let you know if sound and lan will work correctly.

Current XO-1 stable kernel is git hash 741a3e67d9e7bb8 used in OLPC OS
10.1.3 build os860.  It is 2.6.31.

Current XO-1 development kernel is git hash 2ad89c2 used in OLPC OS
11.2.0 development build os20.  It is 2.6.35.13.  Now in feature freeze.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/