new OLPC slackware 13.37 released (fwd)

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Wed May 25 04:12:16 EDT 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011, James Cameron wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 01:27:41PM +0700, supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
>> You are correct new firmware did not solve wlan and audio problem.
>> LAN come in in 5 minutes delay.
>>
>> I already test new firmware.
>> It cause more problem than old firmware because it will not boot from
>> u:\boot\olpc.fth correctly and will pass thru it with nothing happen.
>>
>> So, if anyone don't have old firmware then they have to:
>>
>> 1. press esc at boot time it will prompt ok
>> 2. type exactly below:
>>
>> boot u:\boot\olpc.fth
>
> That is because your /boot/olpc.fth is wrong, and doesn't do what it
> should do.  Edit the file, and add the word "visible" on a line by
> itself, after the first line, for example:
>
> 	\ OLPC
> 	visible
>
> This changed about two years ago.  This is why it is important for you
> to test your build with latest firmware.

ok. It was my fault. Thank you to stop me to flash back to old firmware. I
near to do so until I see your advise on time :)

Now new firmware can boot my slak13.37_OLPC w/o problems.

BTW: I forget to say after boot it will has:

login: sss
password: love4linux

If not work (unrecommend)
login: root
password: love4linux

then run:

startx

regards,
supat

ps. I will busy for several days on my work shop in BKK.
I will come back to test new OLPC kernel with audio and wlan later.