new OLPC slackware 13.37 released (fwd)

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Wed May 25 02:27:41 EDT 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011, James Cameron wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:24:32PM +0700, supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
>> Because you certify me that flash to Q2E45 will be harmless and if
>> has problem I can down grade to Q2E25 so I will upgrade it today and
>> will let you know the result. May be it can fix wlan0 slow response
>> problem and sound card may work correctly.
>
> No, this will not change wlan0 or sound card.  For that you should use
> our kernel source branch instead of Linus'.
>
> You can test wlan and sound in firmware, to prove it is not firmware or
> hardware.
>
> 	test /wlan
> 	test /audio

You are correct new firmware did not solve wlan and audio problem.
LAN come in in 5 minutes delay.

I already test new firmware.
It cause more problem than old firmware because it will not boot from

u:\boot\olpc.fth correctly and will pass thru it with nothing happen.

So, if anyone don't have old firmware then they have to:

1. press esc at boot time it will prompt ok
2. type exactly below:

boot u:\boot\olpc.fth

I will follow your recommend by changing kernel to your std stable
and will let you know if sound and lan will work correctly.

Regards,
supat