[Localization] Fwd: Updated 11.2.0 schedule

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun May 22 20:32:36 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> At the end of your e-mail, you wrote
>> Testing is much appreciated.
> It sounds as if there is no formal testing process for Sugar on XOs.

Hi Ed - For Sugar on XO, we definitely have Sam Greenfeld (QA) and
Gonzalo Odiard (lead Activity developer) doing a very good job of it.
That's why we have the activities in very good shape (try one of our
recent devel builds), and there's also lots of bugs filed, describing
many issues in good detail.

If you can help with testing, and want to coordinate to avoid
duplicating work and picking interesting areas to focus on -
coordinate with Sam.

Other distros -- well, are up to other distros.

> Where is the process from your point of view?

Until now we've been grabing latest activity from ASLO. Now Daniel has
switched to 'freeze' the activity versions. Sam will go through them
once more, and bugs in activities will enter our triage selection. The
activity maintainers and Gonzalo will work on fixing priority bugs,
and a new version of the affected activities will be released which
will be hand-picked to be updated in our builds.

That's a short summary - I probably forgot some step.

The even shorter and to the point version is: file some bugs, post
some patches :-)