[Localization] Fwd: Updated 11.2.0 schedule

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun May 22 01:26:36 EDT 2011

At the end of your e-mail, you wrote

> Testing is much appreciated.

It sounds as if there is no formal testing process for Sugar on XOs. I
know that this is the case for packaging for various distributions. I
recently found out through my own testing of the release that Turtle
Blocks for Ubuntu Natty was packaged without an essential file,
tapalette.py.

I assume that it worked for the packager because the file was on his
computer from a previous installation or some such. We can't go on
like this. We need testing in known and repeatable environments, for
one thing, and we need to know who has done what.

I would like to see whether I can help with this situation, by
recruiting more testers, and setting up something more formal to make
sure that issues don't fall through cracks.

Where is the process from your point of view?