os-builder: could we roll a 1.3.1?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Mar 3 14:18:39 EST 2011

On 2 March 2011 13:56, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I normally use v1.3 with a bunch of patches on top, and they are so
> useful I find myself telling deployments to use the same ones, and
> thinking "I should roll an rpm to avoid them having issues
> cherry-picking patches and stuff".
>
> Should we just prep a 1.3.1? Together with my bios-crypto packages,
> this simplifies life considerably.

I can do, but:

I'd take the patches from the master branch, slightly different from
the ones you propose.

suggested_oob_version for 10.1.3 would still say 1.3.0, meaning that
if you tried to build 10.1.3 on 1.3.1 you'd get a warning. The wiki
will continue suggesting v1.3.0 to rebuild 10.1.3.
I don't want to change that, even if we're fairly sure that your
changes don't have any out-of-the-box impact on the resultant build.
The point of this version recording scheme is to get deployments as
close as possible to what was used for official builds.

Does that sound OK? Still interested?

Daniel