os-builder: could we roll a 1.3.1?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 08:56:51 EST 2011

Hi Daniel,

I normally use v1.3 with a bunch of patches on top, and they are so
useful I find myself telling deployments to use the same ones, and
thinking "I should roll an rpm to avoid them having issues
cherry-picking patches and stuff".

Should we just prep a 1.3.1? Together with my bios-crypto packages,
this simplifies life considerably.

The "interesting" patches I've pushed to a v1.3-pu branch. I think the
first one is slightly controversial, I'm ok to drop it.
oob_config_dir, oats and PATH patches are important however.

      custom_scripts: check that scripts are executable early on
      osbuilder: skip obvious tmp and backup files
      Define oob_config_dir env var and interpolation
      Ensure PATH includes /sbin and /usr/sbin
      base: bump initial disk image size to 4G
      oats_cfg: add support for setting the stream

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions